I ended up watching “The Other Wife,” a Nigerian movie, and it was… not exactly what I was expecting? Wi-Fi in the lounge was slow (download speeds of about 5 Mbps), so I instead connected to the airport’s free high-speed Wi-Fi, which was 20 times faster. Brussels Airlines A330 (in Eurowings livery). However, there are some seats that are better than others. As we first reported back in February, Brussels Airlines is in the process of reconfiguring its entire wide-body fleet of Airbus A330s with a new business-class product. The seatbelt sign was turned on about 20 minutes before landing, and the views on descent were great. Condsidering they are a hybrid low cost /full fare not sure what airline we are ‘eurowings’ mix and match I think it is not bad. The two biggest issues with the IFE were that, one, the TV was highly reflective, so everyone needed to close their windows in order to really see anything other than yourself, and, two, the TV software kept resetting my movie to the beginning and also took more than two minutes to register a touch or remote command. I had arrived a bit before the morning rush, and the lounge already felt quite crowded. Uh Oh: Will American End A321T Premium Transcon Flights? Def nothing to write home about. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page. The finishes definitely felt modern and upscale, especially the square lamp next to the AC outlet. The dish was better than it looked, and in particular the sauce really added some flavor (though I wish they’d serve it in a different container). The Brussels Airlines A330-200 Business Class Cabin consists of 5 rows of 22 flatbed seats alternating between 1-2-1 and 2-1-2 configurations. Pretzel roll, yum! Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® points | Terms Apply. Be the first to review this seat! Advertiser Disclosure: Some links to credit cards and other products on this website will earn an affiliate commission. Add a Photo. Bei Brussels Airlines besteht die Langstreckenflotte aus unterschiedlichen Modellen des Airbus A330, die Sitzkonfiguration innerhalb einer Business Class Kabine bleibt jedoch immer gleich: sowohl die 30 Plätze im A330-300 als auch die 22 im A330-200 sind in einem alternierenden 1-2-1-/2-1-2-Muster angeordnet. View seat details . Brussels Airlines is channeling the exclusivity and allure of a boutique hotel in its new Airbus A330 business class. If you'd like to participate in the discussion, please adhere to our commenting guidelines. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This site is for entertainment purposes only. Boarding Hainan A330 There was something fun and whimsical about the cabin, as it had personality without being obnoxious. Talk about a company not being sure how to utilize their equipment. Note that these seats are blocked for non-elite members until a few days out, but at the three day mark I was able to call and assign myself seat 5A (all three of them were empty). I was surprised when I saw an A330-300 at the gate in the Eurowings livery, given that Eurowings is a completely different airline. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. The transfer process required walking down a long hallway, clearing transit security and entering through a maze of a duty-free store before entering the departures level of the B Concourse. This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. The cabin was peaceful during the boarding process, given that everyone boarded through the second door. My “stay” with Brussels Airlines began in Accra with a red-eye flight to Brussels operated by the carrier’s oldest angle-flat business-class product. A light continental break was just fine for that 7 hour flight. You can just select a pod, place it in the machine, put a cup underneath it, and you have yourself a coffee. We were in the plane 8 hours from Brussels to Abidjan as the plane touches down in Burkina Faso before arrival and they served one 3 course meal! The hard product and cabin finishes have both been updated, but the amenities and IFE are still very much version 1.0. At the end of lunch, the purser asked me for my thoughts on the food and drinks, politely asked whether I’d like to be woken up for the snack service and presented me with the duty-free catalog. Wow, that’s a massive improvement over the last Brussels Airlines flight I did 10 years ago. All seats have fully flat beds and share the same basic design. To access The Suite, you needed to take the stairs or elevators near Gate B1 or B15. At about the halfway point of the flight the crew passed through the cabin with coffee-flavored ice cream. At 10:20AM it was announced that boarding was complete, and 10 minutes after that the door was closed. Once on board, the Brussels Airlines crew was quite friendly. If departure was ay 10:35 lunch were served around 12.00, right? This means there are a total of just three seats in the cabin — 2A, 4A, and 6A — that don’t have direct aisle access (so 90% of seats do have direct aisle access). Most seats featured two shelves of storage for shoes or loose items, and some seats also had deep storage compartments next to the tray table for laptops, books, etc. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. Everyone I interacted with was incredibly friendly and welcoming. I’m happy to report that connecting in Brussels passed my test for a great European connection. Some of the titles included “The Big Bang Theory,” “Arrow,” “Marlon” and “Westworld.”. Brussels Airlines business class lunch — champagne & snacks. Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Depart: 10:35AM Brussels Airlines is in the process of reconfiguring its fleet of Airbus A330s with new interiors. At the second set of doors I was greeted by the friendly cabin manager, and pointed left into business class. Back in August 2016, I booked round-trip Business Class flights from JFK to Brussels on Brussels Airlines using ~37,000 Etihad miles (transferred 1:1 from Citi ThankYou points). That was an incredible value. Brussels Airlines could earn a perfect service score, but the service flow must be optimized to avoid forcing passengers to spend over half of the flight eating. A full 50 minutes (!) Any PeaceJam trip is an incredible experience from start to finish, and adding to the fun, of course, is the journey. On the left side you have a huge counter, along with an exposed storage rack. That’s pretty cool. Unfortunately, there were neither individual air nozzles nor oversized overhead bins. Honestly one meal in 8 hours is apalling. Based on the picture I was expecting a comedy, but it was rather serious. I have to say that those super cramped staggered seats are really dissapointing for a new biz product in 2019. This airplane may accommodate 272 passengers. Business-class seats featured 15.4-inch touchscreen TVs with 46 movies and 21 TV shows. I’ve got to ima… 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Ultimately as far as A330 business class seats go I’d say this was a solid product, though these staggered seats aren’t exactly cutting edge anymore. later, the starter was served. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. About 40 minutes after takeoff I was served my first drink off a cart. Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners. Earn 60,000 bonus points | 2X points on travel and dining. Brussels advertises the new business-class product as a “boutique hotel in the air” — so did the seven-hour, 21-minute flight from Brussels to New York-JFK really feel like I was in a boutique hotel? Notify me of follow-up comments by email. As I wrote about in a separate post, Brussels Airlines’ current branding situation is a bit of a mess. Many of the credit card offers that appear on the website are from credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation. We were provided an amenity kit, headphones, and menu along with an offer of newspapers. Please check your email to confirm your subscription. The Points Guy will not sell your email. About 2hr5min after takeoff a trolley was rolled down the aisle with cheese. I miss Sabena but that’s just me being nostalgic, I never actually flew them or anything but remember seeing their planes here and there. Like most European carriers, Brussels Airlines’ Business Class on the A319 is in the same 3-3 layout as Economy Class but with the middle seat is blocked for extra comfort. There are no individual air nozzles at these seats, The seat was really hard, which kind of surprised me. The lounge’s restrooms were definitely too small for the number of people in the lounge. The meal was served on a tray directly from the cart. This might be a good topic for you to look into with your industry sources, and also with the other experts in the field. Aside from the IFE, pillows and amenity kits were waiting on the seats during boarding, and comfortable blankets were distributed after takeoff. The entertainment monitor is mounted to the seat in front, and has yet another storage compartment underneath it. I wish Brussels had placed the seat controls elsewhere. Brussels Airlines business class lunch — cheese course. We had a smooth climb out, but the seatbelt sign stayed on for a while. The left side of the cabin had yet another configuration. Access all our featured aircraft at the Airplane Index Page. Flew business class on the way back – but on BA (which was pretty ho-hum at the time). Same menu as above. The best seats in the cabin are the “throne” seats, which are in odd numbered rows — specifically seats 1A, 3A, and 5A. Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners. About 30 minutes before landing the captain made his pre-arrival announcement, and shortly thereafter we began our descent. The cabin looked reasonably comfortable (I walked back there later in the flight and saw that just three seats were taken… ouch!). Before long, it was time to check-into the hotel board the flight. Kudos to Brussels Airlines for really embracing Belgian beer culture. I really loved the way the cabin looked — it felt fresh, I loved the patterns on the bulkhead, and I loved the finishes. It was drawn out, though the quality was good and service very friendly. The walk to the door of the plane was incredibly long, which I always like since it means I can get a head start by walking really fast, and can get good cabin pictures. But not nearly as awesome, obvi. How would you compare the business class product between Brussels and Austrian? Much to my surprise, boarding did in fact start at 9:35AM, with business class passengers being invited to board first. This is below average business class bedding, in my opinion, so this seems like a very obvious area for improvement. Business class offers 22 flat bed seats that have Brussels Airlines has released details about the new long-haul cabins that will be fitted on its A330 aircraft. At the same time, I can’t help but feel like there are a lot of areas where the product could improve, some of which are easy fixes, and some of which are bigger investments. WOW — this was a legit box with over a dozen pieces of chocolate in it. Brussels Airlines has quietly put their first Airbus A330-300 into service with the new cabins. Brussels Airlines is pretty stingy with business class awards overall, though I’ve found that they have fairly good award availability from Brussels to New York (it’s not nearly as good in the other direction). are way overpriced abroad. Hey! On the way there, I flew with South African Airways on its refurbished Airbus A330 nonstop from Washington-Dulles to Accra (review coming soon!). Choose seats A or K in odd numbered rows or E in even numbered rows if you want one of the coveted “throne” seats. Brussels Airlines entertainment system A330. At this point the captain made his welcome aboard announcement, informing us of our flight time of 8hr5min. Brussels Airlines business class pillow & blanket. Brussels Airlines business class self-serve bar. Take a look at the unappetizing eggs and beans, breakfast meats, salads and yogurts. So Eurowings uses these planes on which routes, or they aren’t in use by Eurowings at all?? Brussels Airlines’ first A330 with new cabins now flying. This Airbus A330-300 accommodates 288 passengers in a two-class configuration, with … ... this is an average business class seat: Add a Tip. The menu read as follows: The drink list read as follows (I’m not a beer drinker, but that is a heck of a beer selection): The meal service was really drawn out, though in this case I didn’t really mind since I didn’t have much else to do — I wasn’t tired and there was no Wi-Fi. Brussels Airlines business class seat storage. Nice. I selected the latter, which was excellent. The touchscreen TV could also be controlled using a trackpad on the remote — the Apple TV-esque remote was really the most modern-feeling aspect of the IFE system. @ Tortuga : almost all of crew is Belgian for sure, most of them from Flemish part ( 60 % of population) as it is more difficult to find people that speak English decently in the French part (let alone speaking Dutch). There was one exception to the “meh” selection — I stumbled upon “African Cinema,” and decided to watch one of those movies. About 70 minutes before landing the cabin lights were turned on, in preparation for the pre-landing snack. To satisfy my sweet tooth, I enjoyed a cup of coffee-flavored IJsboerke ice cream. However, I noticed you said ” The seat was really hard, which kind of surprised me” Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. On a space-available basis, the lounge attendants could arrange a shower in the nearby Priority Pass lounge. They’re making frat boys proud all around the world. Registered office: Brussels Airlines SA/NV - 100-102, Avenue des Saisons, box 30, 1050 Brussels, Belgium - callcenter.en(at)brusselsairlines.com Contact us Business solutions BRU-BJM-NBO. The cheese and dessert cart finally rolled through the aisles a full two and a half hours after takeoff. Booking the new Brussels Airlines business class is a bit like finding a unicorn. I loved the dessert from the regular menu, a pistachio tart with lime and ginger. The entertainment selection wasn’t amazing. The seats were more like regional J, the ‘champagne’ was served in plastic beakers from a weird cardboard cutout tray, and the menu was a single laminated card that looked like it had come from a school cafeteria. Brussels Airlines business class mid-flight ice cream. And apparently exclusively AB Inbev. seat nk beta. Although the fares you mention transatlantic are astonishing. He chronicles his adventures, along with industry news, here at One Mile at a Time. In a boutique hotel, the effort put into the soft product measures how good it is. It’s not the most exciting lounge especially compared to Brussels Airlines “The Loft” which features a DIY bar with Belgian beers on tap! I ended up being offered three refills directly from the bottle during boarding, which is almost unheard of in business class (don’t worry, I turned down two of those refills). It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Guess they think Americans are rich and will pay for the resfreshed product I switched all my flying to Turkish and Tap…until Brussels gets competive and also gets internet. This airplane may accommodate 288 passengers. Since I’d be departing from Terminal B, I had access to The Suite, open daily from 5am to 9pm. That was served with a side salad, as well as a selection from the breadbasket (I chose the pretzel bread). I used to fly Jet Airways through BRU, connecting on SN to other parts of Europe for business awhile back. Rows 2, 4 and 6 are the best seats on the K side, or starboard side, since they are flush with the window and further away from the aisle. The amenity kits were designed by Essentiel Antwerp, and, yes, they contained the essentials like Rituals hand cream, dental kits, eye mask, earplugs, socks and a pen. Hard seats: These seem to have spread through the industry. There are 30 seats in business class, 28 more in premium economy and 225 economy class seats. I really felt like I stepped foot in a boutique hotel, with all the flight attendants addressing me by my last name and remembering my food and drink preferences. Pic: Brussels Airlines entrance at New York JFK Terminal 1 (Jun 2012) Pic: Lufthansa Senator Lounge at New York JFK Airport (Jun 2012) On Friday June 1, I joined inaugural flight SN501 from Brussels to New York JFK. Hainan Airlines Brussels Lounge. But indeed these beers always come shockingly expensive abroad. Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. Airbus A330-300 operated by Brussels Airlines offer seats of three classes: business, economy privilege and economy. ... this is an average business class seat: Add a Tip. Flew same Business Class seats yesterday on Swiss (Seat 04A) and had a great flight experience – including six hours of sleep . Generally speaking the major downside to these “throne” seats is that the footwell is quite small, and when you recline into the bed position it can be really difficult to turn and get comfortable. It was just ok. I selected the turbot with Asian leek, white carrot, and pilau rice, with young coconut and green curry sauce. Don’t expect any pajamas or mattress pads on Brussels Airlines. See more aircraft at our Brussels Airlines fleet page. Be the first to review this seat! These seats have the most personal space, and are also the most private. I saved $10,766.09 by redeeming my United MileagePlus miles. I just took a quick look into the premium economy cabin, which is a new product for Brussels Airlines. This month, I got to travel with several others on the TPG team to Accra, Ghana for the annual PeaceJam conference that TPG sponsors there. The bathrooms were pretty standard, and didn’t have many special amenities. Finally, if you’re traveling as a couple or with a group, I’d recommend seats in the center D and F section of the plane. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. By the time the meal was done there were just over 5hr30min remaining to New York. There are so many way better beers from small breweries in Flanders and Wallonia ! The entire space between doors one and two was the business class cabin, which consisted of 30 seats. 11/15 SN501 Brussels to New York departing 10:35AM arriving 1:20PM. There were basic seat-control functions on the right armrest, and opening the IFE remote compartment revealed advanced seat functions like lumbar support, massage functions and an adjuster for the way the seat cushion felt. I had a fairly short connection in Brussels, as I ended up arriving in the terminal from my London flight at around 9:25AM, with my flight to New York scheduled to board at 9:35AM, and scheduled to depart at 10:35AM. The angle-flat product wasn’t comfortable for sleeping, and I tossed and turned until we landed in Brussels. Airbus A330-300. Someone at Brussels Airlines, however, decided to keep the carrier in the 2000s. There are no fuel surcharges, but the reason the taxes and fees were so high is because I was departing the UK, so had to pay the hefty UK Air Passenger Duty. The lounge was shaped like an especially long and narrow rectangle with sweeping apron and runway views. The Crew is usually very friendly ,food in economy was actually above average,but the return in Business was quite poor.Business Class was empty,maybe 6 of us,the crew rushed the service I guess to increase their rest time.No fresh items on the menue,guessing they cater it round trip.No salads,or fruits,or anything that can spoil with warm temp. Turkish Airlines offers a consistent, above-average product in its European business class. For example, “we know you’re really fun when drunk, but thank you, we already have entertainment systems onboard.”. Seat: 5A (Business Class). Brussels Airlines business class throne seat console. You were then in the lounge corridor where you followed signs for The Suite. The plane has the registration code OO-SFD, and it has been in service since late last month. Unfortunately Brussels Airlines doesn’t have Wi-Fi. There’s currently only one refurbished plane (registration OO-SFD), and it just re-entered service on May 1. Billige Flüge in der Business-Class! Hope to see you onboard an SAS flight soon. New Brussels Airlines business class seats A330. Well, that’s exactly how I felt about Brussels Airlines’ new business class. Booking the new Brussels Airlines business class is a bit like finding a unicorn. *Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. Editorial Note: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. In Brussels, Hainan Airlines uses the contract Diamond Lounge for its business class guests. I had preordered a special meal (an Asian vegetarian meal), so my meal was a bit different than the standard menu. There was a selection of warm breads served alongside the starters. And when I was searching for a way to get home, I stumbled across a brand-new transatlantic product that hadn’t yet been reviewed on TPG. View our latest valuations here. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services. Not very favorable!!! If you’re looking to shower, bad news: There weren’t any showers in The Suite. He also informed us that ATC gave us a slightly delayed departure, so we’d be pushing back in about 10 minutes. I booked this using Avianca LifeMiles, at the cost of 60,000 miles plus $313 in taxes and fees. I managed to redeem miles for the following itinerary: 11/15 SN2104 London to Brussels departing 6:50AM arriving 8:55AM We ended up pushing back at 10:50AM, and started our taxi a few minutes after that. One nice update to this staggered configuration is that there’s a bit of privacy for these seats, both thanks to partitions by the aisles, and also thanks to the vertical tray table holders between seats. World Of Hyatt’s Incredible Promotion (Register Now). As Brussels Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance, there are multiple ways to redeem miles for flights to and from North America, including: Brussels Airlines releases a fair amount of award availability, but if you can’t find availability on the JFK route, you can check its other North American routes — Toronto (YYZ) and Washington, DC (IAD). To the bottom left of the seat are a few more storage compartments. Neben billigen Flügen finden Sie zusätzlich detaillierte Infos rund um die First- und Business Class der Airlines.Nutzen Sie unseren Service und profitieren Sie von günstigen Business-Class Specials und Angeboten. Brussels Airlines 501 Brussels Airlines operates a mixed fleet of Airbus aircraft, specifically 22 A319s, 17 A320s, three A330-200s, and seven A330-300s. The unique feature here is that there’s a self espresso machine, which to my knowledge is the first self serve coffee option in the sky. I had a glass of Laurent-Perrier Brut and a still water to drink, and was offered a sable of cheese, herbs, spices, and sesame seeds, along with mixed nuts, to go along with it. On the plus side, this is an improved product, the cabin is beautiful (I love the colors and design), the crew was friendly, the food itself was good, and the box of chocolates as a parting gift was a nice touch. It wasn’t the A330 I thought it would be…I already addressed that in my initial thoughts on this flight. I really enjoyed the beans and cauliflower with tomato sauce and couscous, while my fellow passengers had the choice of grilled veal, sea bass with squid or pesto spaghettini. Brussels Airlines has three lounges in the airport: The Loft in Terminal A for European Schengen flights, the Sunrise Lounge in Terminal T and The Suite in Terminal B, both for non-Schengen flights. Brand-new cabin with modern finishes, impressive food and beverage selection, Incredibly slow service, limited IFE selection, no Wi-Fi. Get the best seat possible with our Brussels Airlines A330-200 seating chart and traveler seat reviews.